
A Nato soldier was killed in bomb blast in eastern Afghanistan on Tuesday, Isaf said in a statement.
Isaf did not provide further details about the exact location of the incident and nationality of the soldier.
More than 167 foreign forces have been killed in the Afghan war so far this year.
Nearly 125 US troops, 16 from UK and 26 soldiers from other countries have been killed in Afghanistan since the beginning of the year.
Violence has recently increased in Afghanistan and Taliban had warned that they would start their spring offensives in the country and target government buildings and foreign forces.
Meanwhile, Isaf said on Tuesday that they will start heavy military operations in different regions of Afghanistan to clear militants.
Foreign forces are to hand over security responsibilities of seven areas to Afghan forces in July this year.
It comes as Oxfam has on Tuesday warned that Afghan security forces are not prepared to undertake security responsibilities.
The report by leading British charity, Oxfam, said only three years back in 2009 serious efforts were made to bolster the professionalism and accountability of Afghan security forces.
Oxfam has warned that more training is needed and human rights violations by Afghan forces could increase as they take on the frontline role.
But Afghan Defence Ministry called the report unrealistic and said potentials of Afghan security forces are increasingly growing despite all challenges.
The report entitled ‘No Time to Lose' said "there are serious concerns regarding the professionalism and accountability" of the Afghan security forces.
No comments:
Post a Comment