
The Taliban declared the beginning of spring season attacks in a statement on Saturday, warning civilians to stay away from government institutions.
In the statement the Taliban have warned Afghan civilians to stay away from military bases, convoys and as well as government institutions so that they are not hurt during insurgent attacks.
"Operations will focus on attacks against military centres, places of gatherings, airbases, ammunition and logistical military convoys of the foreign invaders in all parts of the country," the Taliban said in the statement.
Washington and commanders of the Nato-led International Security Assistance Force (Isaf) have trumpeted successes against a growing insurgency since 30,000 extra US troops were sent to Afghanistan last year.
The targets of an operation "Badar", as it said, would be foreign forces, high-ranking government officials, members of the cabinet and lawmakers, as well as the heads of foreign and local companies working for foreign forces, it said.
"All Afghan people should bear in mind to keep away from gatherings, convoys and centres of the enemy so that they will not become harmed during attacks of Mujaheddin against the enemy," it said.
The statement comes a day after senior military officials and Western officials warned of a surge in militant attacks this year.
Violence has been the worst across nations in recent couple of weeks and as the Taliban declare spring fight it is expected to even worsen with massive casualties still to come this year
No comments:
Post a Comment